These workshops are principally for those of you who play the six or seven-string guitar, cavaquinho or mandolin, although other stringed instruments are welcome.
Guitarists, you will learn how to:
- Synchronise bass lines and chord progressions.
- Get to know a few of the most common ‘baixarias’ (bass lines) used in Choro.
Cavaquinho players, you will learn how to:
- Recognise different techniques and methodologies.
- Understand a variety of common patterns (‘levadas’).
- Play harmony based on the selected score.
Mandolin players, you will learn how to:
- Use ornaments, chords and interpretation.
- Memorise a score.
- Use the Brazilian tremolo in choro.
- Use exercises to make your hands stronger.
To book your place at one of our workshops, or if you have any questions, please send a message to email@example.com.